Overview and aims
The Accelerate programme is an intensive residential business bootcamp. It is designed to help entrepreneurs rapidly scale up an existing business and move them into a new phase of growth.
By providing them with a small amount of seed investment and access to our extensive mentor network, the Accelerate programme helps entrepreneurs overcome barriers that are holding their start-ups back and assists them in identifying the steps they need to take to achieve rapid and sustainable growth.
At the end of the programme, participating start-ups should have a good sense of their future strategy and be in a strong position to execute it.
How it works
The Accelerate programme is offered twice a year. Each programme lasts six months and benefits a cohort of up to four entrepreneurs.
The programme is residential and provides entrepreneurs with hands-on, practical support in the form of free co-working and meeting space; access to sector-specific knowledge and expertise; and regular support from dedicated coaches and mentors.
The Accelerate programme consists of:
- A substantial seed capital fund and assistance with sourcing venture capital financing: capital needs, possible sources of capital and deal structuration.
- Coaching: Entrepreneurs are paired with a business coach with whom they establish a project plan and growth targets over the course of weekly one-on-one meetings.
- Access to advice and expertise, including on HR, legal, marketing and PR. Accelerate entrepreneurs also have access to support on budgeting, taxes, and reporting.
- Provision of a beautiful co-working space with access to meeting space, a small events space, audio-visual, IT and other back-office services (printing etc.)
- Networking opportunities – with Turbine staff, Accelerate programme peers, ENL staff, event and workshop attendees
At the conclusion of the Accelerate programme, the Turbine will arrange a pitch day attended by angel investors and venture capital firms, at which entrepreneurs will have an opportunity to present their growth plans and their progress to date.
How to apply
The Accelerate programme is open to more established start-ups who have an existing product or service offering but require help to build a market penetration strategy or test a new market for instance; or who have confirmed the assumptions in their business plan and are actively seeking financing.
The Turbine receives an equity stake in each participating start-up.
Entrepreneurs are admitted to the Accelerate programme:
- At the conclusion the Incubate programme
- By applying for the scheme directly via the Turbine’s website.
Each application is subject to review by the Turbine team.
Accelerate will be offered three times a year over four months from 2018 onwards.